Last updated December 12, 2018
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at ZGF Gaming ("Company", "we", "us", or "our"). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy as much as we are able. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at the form at the bottom of this page.
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to use when registering at the Community expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Community (such as posting messages in our Discord or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Community, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access. We offer login using your Twitch account in order to avoid that information being stored on our servers.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases. We utilize third party payment processing services, primarily PayPal, in order to ensure that your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) is not stored on our servers. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor you choose directly to respond to your questions.
Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, such as Twitch. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section called "How do we handle your social logins?" below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information - such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics - is collected automatically when you visit our Community.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Community. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Community and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Community, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links). However, this is uncommon.
2. How do we use your information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Community for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate the account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Twitch account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate the account creation and logon process. See the section below headed "How do we handle your social logins?" for further information.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "What are your privacy rights?" section below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Community. (Relevant page: Return & Refund Policy)
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Community.
- To protect our Community. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Community safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Community, products, services, websites, marketing and your experience.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations (such as sending your name and address to our fulfillment business partners for purchases).
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology in the Community, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Community over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
4. Who will your information be shared with?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties currently.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties at this time. We have categorized each party so that you may more easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Invoice, Billing, and Payments
- Order Processing and Shipping
- Social Interactions and Logins
- Super Socializer
- User Account Registration and Authentication
- Web and Mobile Analytics
- Google Analytics
- Website Operation, Security and Performance
- Google reCaptcha
6. How do we handle your social logins?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Community offers you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details, currently only Twitch. Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
7. Is your information transferred internationally?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Community from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see the "Will your information be shared with anyone?" section above), in the United States, and other countries.
We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate the laws of other countries and your requests for data removal. However, some information may be retained for 1 year past account removal, such as order processing information. At such time it will be removed. Please contact us using the form below if needed.
8. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measure designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the Internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Community and website is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
10. Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Community, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent's use of the Community. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us using the form below.
11. What are your privacy rights?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under the applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact form provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws to the best of our ability.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Contact us using the contact form below.
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send. You will then be removed from the marketing email list - however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may access your account settings and update your preferences.
12. Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
13. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact form provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Community, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post in the Community. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact form provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed in the Community, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
14. Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws to the best of our ability.
Contact Us and Credits
If you have questions or comments about us or our policies, please contact us using this form: